Food Production – Join us in making the best bars on the planet!
Posted March 1, 2017Are you passionate about food? Do you want to work with a company that cares about what people are putting into their bodies? The B.O.S.S. Food Company is a rapidly growing business based in Houston, TX (Champions area). At B.O.S.S. we provide superfood nutrition for people on the go. Our bars are always developed to be beneficial, providing delicious solutions for busy days. We commit to sourcing top quality ingredients with thoughtfulness and care towards the people and environments involved at every stage. We offer respect, transparency and joyful working relationships. And we are currently looking to hire members of our production team. The Food Production Team Member role is a part-time role with flexible hours.
- – Producing our raw superfood bars, which includes accurate measuring of ingredients, some heavy lifting and mixing, operating machinery, etc.
- – Packaging bars
- – Dish washing and cleaning (including sweeping and mopping floors)
- – Taking inventory and organizing ingredients in storage
- – Maintaining production logs
- – Ensuring safety, quality and consistency throughout the production process
- – Effectively communicating with management in a timely manner regarding scheduling issues, production problems, and equipment malfunctions.
- – Demonstrating ability to be a “team player” by contributing to the team’s success and communicating effectively with other team members.
- – Assuming additional responsibilities as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- – Food production experience and passion for the job (our bars are raw so there is no cooking involved)
- – Ability to manually lift and move up to 50 lbs. frequently
- – Ability to stand during entire shift
- – Ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift, mix, pour and push frequently
- – Understands that frequent hand washing will be required and job requires frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, cleaning and sanitation solutions
- – Food Handler’s License
- – Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- – Demonstrated ability to communicate and maintain an effective working relationship with management and co-workers.
- – Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- – Must have reliable means of transportation to and from work
- – High school diploma/GED preferred
Interested applicants should forward the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter including: wage requirements and specific availability/hours able to work on a weekly basis (APPLICATIONS NOT INCLUDING WAGE REQUIREMENTS AND HOURS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED)
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not send follow-up emails unless you have additional information to provide with your application. References will be requested post-interview, should you be shortlisted.
The B.O.S.S. Food Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.